Monday, June 12, 2006

Charity is complete!

I finished another square on my LK project. "Charity" was the block for this week. This is just such a delightful piece for me! I don't know what happened to the pic - sorry it's so yucky! This is really bright and colorful in person!

I just made a "stash run" and purchased the "Joy" , "Sing" and "Giving" designs to contine the 12 blessings... I also picked up a Little House design "You are a Dear Friend", Mosey and Me's "Mr Booberry" (on sale and soooo cute!) and a snowman nativity kit (I'm not big on kits - but this banner is so sweet - couldn't resist!) I also bought some "nuts and bolts" ie floss, needles (I LOVE "My favorite needle"!) and some beads.

We'll be having company for the next 8 weeks - so it'll be a bit busy around here - but I am PROMISING myself that I will find time to stitch!!!!!!

This will be my first Father's Day w/o my Dad and I'm sure missing him. I hope he knows how much he's loved and what a void his passing has left in my heart. I've been a very blessed woman to have a wonderful father and also a great husband in my life - - - - - -

We're expecting heavy rains from tropical storm Alberto - what a gift! We'll finally be able to get all those pesky local fires doused once and for all! The smoke from the fires has not been kind to Ian's lungs - it will be so great for him to be able to "REALLY" breathe again!!!

I've had a little time for reading.  I just finished  "Cherry Cheesecake Murder" by JoAnne Fluke. I also just picked up "Pillar of Light" which is a historical fiction. Beach chair here I come!!

Happy Monday!

*Sharon

No comments: