Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Some progress shots to share!!!

















I have found myself blessed with a few extra stitching moments here and there - and I've been enjoying them immensely!!!!!
I was able to finish one full page of PV's "Delicate Beauties" and have now moved this project to the bottom of my rotation pile - (which is growing everyday! I keep finding all sorts of new and fun designs that I just "must" add in!! ) :)

I was also able to complete the "Faith" square of my LK "Blessings of Christmas" project. Only 4 more!!! My LNS was out of the other leaflets that I need to finish - but they have been ordered and are on their way!!! I have also ordered a SanMan design "Sharing the I" which is a real cute Christmas "to-do". I've also pulled out a couple of small ornament designs that I like and added them to "the pile" also. :)

I've started my "Homespun Christmas" by Hinzeit (why did I pick the one with the BIG blocks instead of one of the smaller designs??) :) I do like the larger design though and have a special spot picked out where it will look "just right" in our home - it's just going to take me a bit longer...

Other than that - temps have cooled off a bit - making it MUCH easier to stick to our regular tennis schedule - whoo hoo!!!

We're off to a great start with our homeschooling! We're really "diving in" (get it, ha ha!!!) to a science unit study on Oceans - and our history is focused around all things about ancient Rome - what a great time period in history!

I have a "My Delicious Dinners" session scheduled for Tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to that!! I've used them before and we absolutely love it! Have you ever tried it? You get together with some friends and package up pre-prepared meals (chosen from a pre-set menu w/ lots of variety available - then bring 'em home (usually 12 different dinners that can be split to make more meals) . This works so well for us - I love that I can just "heat and eat" the meals - it fits right in with our busy lifestyle. No more staring at an empty fridge wondering what's for dinner! It also cuts WAY down on our trips to the store - and our food budget!! (That leaves more $ for my XS habit, right???) We only need to buy fresh produce, a few sides and a bit of dairy and breakfast items.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

*Sharon

8 comments:

Meari said...

Both of them are coming along great! I hope you enjoy your class.

Rose said...

Your stitching is fabulous. Delicate Beauties is on my "to-do" list and you've inspired me to start it. Can that be considered enabling? :)

Your class sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Mary said...

They are coming a long, they look beautiful, lovely work.

Mary said...

they look very beautiful, keep up the good work.

Mary said...

they look good keep up the good work,

valda said...

They both are coming along beautifully! I love those Paula Vaughns with the quilts!

Janice said...

Sharon, Your pieces look wonderful! I love the 12 blessings. Congrats. on all the progress. You do wonderful work!

Vikki said...

Your projects look great. I'm also doing the flip it ornies but I'm going to make them in to ornies for my tree.