Saturday, September 15, 2007

Please Pray...



Hi Friends -
I'm hoping that you each might take just a moment and say a prayer for my little guy, Ian. After showing a lot of improvement over the past few days - he's taken a bad turn again...and I'm (we're) so worried about him.
His Pulmonologist wanted to try him on a new med to see if it would help prevent his asthma flares. We got the RX filled last night but we decided to wait to give it to him this afternoon so that we could start a new medicine regimen with him. After just one puff on the new inhaler...Ian went into anaphalatic shock! He started turning blue and got very rigid and was really struggling to get breath. Thank God we have an epi-pen at home - he's resting much easier now - but his cough is still bothering him, his chest, neck and arm are really hurting him and his chest looks like a war wound. He has bright patches of broken capillaries all over his chest...we think it's just because he was struggling so hard to breathe that it ruptured the vessels under his skin - but it still looks awful. Needless to say, he won't EVER be using that inhaler again! I was so frightened - this was the worst he's ever been.
I'm so grateful that we are where we are and that he has wonderful medical care - but we would still be ever so grateful for prayers, thoughts, vibes or lit candles on his behalf. This motherhood business is tough work - I think the Psych Ward is gonna be the next stop for me (and his Dad too) or maybe just a trip to the Chocolate Ward (is there such a place? If not, there certainly should be!)
Thanks for "being there" for us and for thinking of Ian.

Wishing you a stress-free evening,

*Sharon

2 comments:

chiloe said...

Sorry to read that ... I hope he's feeling better. What a scare you all had! I'll pray for him hoping they will find the right medecine for him. Can't they try new medecines at the hospital or the doctor office now?

((((hugs))))

Lillie said...

I am sadden to read your post today.

You have my prayers for Ian, may he have a speedy recovery. Do take care of yourself, you need to be strong for Ian.