Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to Blogging...



Now that all the "holiday hoopla" is over, I'm going to try to get back to more of a "normal" routine (whatever that is!!!!) and get back to my blogging.
Homeschooling is back full-speed ahead. We're studying Physics (experiments are WAY cool!!!) and for History, we're in the time period of Richard I. To go along w/ that time period, we're reading "Robin Hood" and a "Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court". I know that I read both of these books when I was growing up, but my memory is so bad, it's almost like reading them again for the first time!! :)
Of course, the usual math, spelling, etc. is taking place, but Ian is working more independently in those subjects, so those take much less time for me than they used to.

As far as my needlework, I've started a wedding sampler. I only have two light lavendar "boxes" completed, so I'll wait for a bit more progress before I post a pic! :) There are going to be at least two weddings in our family this year, so I
already know of two projects that I have planned. (One of those pieces will be the "LOVE" design from Shepherds Bush that Lillie sent me as a birthday gift! The one couple is non-traditional and doesn't want a typical name/date/place wedding design - so I thought the LOVE would be a nice alternative) Other than that, I really would like to put some more time in on my Paula Vaughn "Delicate Beauties" piece, and from there I'm just going to follow wherever my stitcher's heart leads.

Health-wise, I'm still working on getting my iron levels back within normal limits. It's taking a lot longer than I would like - but I'm trying to use the "down" time to my advantage - I must admit I have been blessed by doing less "running and doing". I love our home and really enjoy all the time I spend here. I found some new tea flavors to sample, so I've really enjoyed the slowing down and tea-sipping I've been "blessed to endure".
I do miss my tennis so much - but I'm sure it will come again with time.

Hugs,

*Sharon

4 comments:

stitcherw said...

Your Christmas finish of All Hearts was adorable, and your DH did a great job on the frame. I can see how you'd want another for yourself.

I'm always amazed at people that can home school. When my DD was in school she had so many assignments that when I looked at them I was lost. Although, things like history and English (and the fun of reading Robin Hood and Conneticut Yankee) might not be too bad.

It's turning cold again here as well, so sitting and sipping tea sounds wonderful, especially if it can be combined with stitching. Thanks for visiting my blog,
Sue

Lillie said...

Glad everything is coming back routine for you. All the best in 2008 and may you achieve all your goals.

BeckySC said...

Ohhh, you are always SUCH a sweeite :) Thank you for the comment on my blog :)

I love your LK piece!! Absolutely adorable :)

((((hugs ))))

Anita said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and what a wonderful christmas LK piece. I love the frame and I love the christmas/exchange gifts that you received.