Saturday, February 02, 2008

I've been "blogging" - reading, not writing :)



I've been spending plenty of time "blogging" lately - only I've been reading lots of other blogs, not writing in mine!! My goodness, I've been enjoying visiting all over "blog land" and seeing all the lovely things that folks have to share.

I've been trying to stitch, but I'm losing momentum on that wedding piece I NEED to be doing. The piece has lots of boxes on it and I decided to stitch those first - I think that was my mistake. I'm SICK of stitching lilac boxes!! :( I think I'm going to jus start filling in the boxes that I do have finished and worry about making the "other" boxes later. Thank goodness the other wedding in our family isn't until late this summer, so I can put that obligation on the back burner for a while.
I am also going to treat myself to a couple of "superbowl stitching sales" for some stitching goodies - so hopefully that will motivate me to finish up wedding piece #1... :) so I can stitch a couple of fun pieces for ME!

As for homeschool, Ian and I finished Robin Hood and King Arthur - now it's on to Marco Polo. (the explorer - NOT the game!) hee hee hee. For science, we've been studying the theory of relativity, so we're reading a biography of Einstein too.

Ian's tennis tournament season starts this coming Friday. Because he's in a new division, he'll be facing a whole new group of opponents. He's excited and nervous all at the same time... I really miss being able to get out and play with him and get him warmed up. I'm hoping that with a "super-transfusion", my blood levels will come back to normal and I'll be healty again. My hubby is saying that with the super-transfusion, I'll be getting "stud blood" - hmmm....ha ha ha! Hey, whatever works!!! I'm just praying that this "activity hiatus" will be over soon and I'll feel like a human being with energy again.

I'm still enjoying tea sampling - my goodness, who knew there so many yummy flavors available? Blackberry, apricot, mango, peach, - the list goes on and on. I'd love to invite so many of you to come and sit and stitch. (hey - maybe you could come and motivate me to finish that wedding sampler???) :)

Hugs,

*Sharon

5 comments:

Meari said...

Good luck with your wedding sampler, Sharon.

LOL@workout video with me shoveling. :) I've thought about doing a snow angel a couple of times already!

Sharon said...

Another Sharon!! :) Hello!
Thank you for visiting my blog!
My daughter and I laughed about that one day and said maybe we could bottle the ladybugs up and sell them like some of the garden companies do.
I'll be back later to visit more. Must go prepare supper!

Kelli said...

It sounds like you've been busy! How's the wedding sampler coming along??
Kelli
P.s Thank you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway!

cjan said...

Hi Sharon, I love all your stiching! I wish I could learn how to do Samplers.
I can embroidery, but that's not the same..
Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments about my new offcie. It's pretty busy for a small room, but atleast it's got all the things in it that make me smile..LOL

Hugs,
Jan

stitcherw said...

All your tea varieties sound really yummy, I love hot tea in the winter it is so comforting.

Sorry you're having such a difficult time with the sampler. Maybe filling in some of the boxes would help. It would give you a break from stitching them and maybe feel like a little mini finish. Good luck with sticking to it. Somehow I have a terrible time sticking to a project as soon as I feel I have to stitch on it or I have a deadline, it feels way to much like work then.

So, what goodies did you get on the superbowl sale? Anything you just can't wait to get started on?
Sue