Friday, April 03, 2009

Come and Share is Finished!!!!


I just put the final few stitches into "Come and Share". This is one of those pieces that I started "many moons ago". Somehow, this mysteriously made it's way into my UFO pile and spent a couple of sad years there. (I'm still not sure how that happened - lol). Anyway, since I "rescued" it, it's been such a joy to work on. I've loved the colors and the saying and the bunnies and the....well, I REALLY like it! :)
This will be hung in my (where else??) tea-themed kitchen...(can you believe I purposely saved wall space in my kitchen for this piece - even while it was still a UFO???) Go figure... lololol
I recently did my part to stimulate the economy...I bought some lovely designs and fabrics and threads and.... :) (oh the dangers of blog visiting - I have been seriously enabled!) I've recently added Blackbird Designs to my ever-growing list of favorite designers - so I bought a few of their designs just to get the party started (among all the other "goodies" that made their way into my basket).
I can't wait to get started!! I'm happily off to fondle floss.... :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and enhancing my journey!!

*Sharon
(PS - as always, I jumped the gun while posting my finish...the rubber still needs to hit the road on this one (aka ironing and adding the lovely embellishments) then it will be handed over to my Sweetie so that he can work his framing magic!)

9 comments:

Gabi said...

Beautiful finish Sharon. It will look stunning in your kitchen. I hope you'll take another picture when your hubby is finished with framing. :)

Meari said...

Nice finish, Sharon. I can see why you 'saved' a spot for it all these years. :D

Nancy said...

Great finish! And I agree with Gabi, we need a picture when it's framed and hanging in your kitchen!

Shelleen said...

lovely finish

Dawn said...

It's beautiful!! Great stitching:)

Daffycat said...

Beautiful finish, Sharon! Congratulations! ***happy dance***

Cindy F. said...

~~HAPPY DANCE AND CONGRATULATIONS!!~~
This is an adorable finish:) I love it!

Barb said...

That is so cute! Great finish.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on the absolutely Beautiful finish.