Monday, May 04, 2009

Paula Vaughn would be proud! :)


After much stash fondling, I decided that I was still enjoying stitching on Delicate Beauties, so I decided to put off my rotation for a bit and just keep plugging away at DB. I'm really happy with the progress that I was able to make! (check my last post to see the *before* pic.)
I've also managed to do one of my own "honey do" list items. (Yes, I have my own honey-do list!) I finally painted both sides of the entry door that leads from our garage into our laundry room. (The builders' did a less than stellar job of painting this door before we moved in... (they only put on one coat and you could see the brush marks! The rest of our doors and trim were great - but this door? Yuck! I've been meaning to "pretty up" the door for a quite a while. Don't worry, I didn't take any boring before and after pics of a plain door but believe me, what a difference it makes to walk in that door that finally looks finished! This was one of those "chores" that I wish I would have found time to do sooner. Amazing what a difference a little properly-applied paint can make!
Thanks so much as ever for all the wonderful comments - they just make my day! I've so enjoyed making many new blogging buddies...

*Sharon

8 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Good job Sharon! This is a beautiful piece and the colors are so springy:)

Brenda Lou said...

So pretty!! I love PV's patterns but entirely too much BS for me! LOL

Shari said...

Your PV looks great!!!!! Another of my loves!!! They are beautiful!
Oh, would you like to come & paint the same door in our house?!?!!? Ours hasn't been painted either!!! It sure needs it!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog & YES!!!! I will take popcorn over chocolate ANY DAY!!!

Wendy said...

Oooh this is a wonderful peace. Love the colors on it.

Nancy said...

That's quite a bit of stitching! She would be proud! LOL I have a garage to breezeway door that the garage part hasn't been painted at ALL and we built the house 15 years ago! Guess it's a more common problem than you thought:-)

Chiloe said...

It's really beautiful !!! Hope to see more in the near future !!!

mbroider said...

I just found your blog, love seeing Paula Vaughn design!!

Sharmila

Maren said...

I knew I recognized that design. Paula Vaughn would be so proud indeed. It's just lovely!