Monday, August 24, 2009

Bosco is ready to trick-n-treat!


All-righty then... Bosco is finished!! :) This was a fun stitch - Mosey and Me has some of the cutest designs! Add the fact that there's no back-stitching and whoo-hoo, it's a wrap!!! In the original design, Bosco has "trick or treat" above his head, but hubby has an idea for framing and wanted Bosco left sans wording. I bow to his greatness!!! :)

Now, it's time to work on some Christmas stitching - here's my progress on Lizzie-Kate's "Merry Friends"...


On the knee front - - hurumph!! Dr.'s agree that my best option at this point is total knee replacement, but that would be a death nail in my tennis life...I''m having a hard time facing that option - tennis really defines us as a family and I can't imagine not being part of that. Also, my "relatively" young age creates a problem...(I'm spending $$$ on wrinkle cream and saving for botox and a facelift - but now I'm "young"???) Seems that knee replacements typically last 15- 20 years, so "technically", I would be ready for another replacement before I even hit age 65 - not a good scenario...though it would provide much-needed pain relief and much-better mobility. Plus, because of my "young" age, I would probably have a great recovery and do well. So, I feel like I'm sort of stuck right now...I'm in decision mode. The last-ditch effort I can try is to go into an up-loader brace and do synvisc injections - that might enable me to extend my tennis days a bit longer, which I see as a HUGE plus!!! Dr. says that the syncvisc amounts to putting a band-aid on a severed artery, but I'm just not ready to hang up my racket yet. :(
I always think it's better to try the conservative route first - Synvisc might be my miracle cure!!! Pray or cross your fingers for me?

Have a "not too young, not too old" kind of day!!!

*Sharon

2 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. It's adorable! Your Santa is coming along nicely... cute, also.

So you must be around 40? I think I'd opt for the surgery and fix the problem rather than continuing to "band-aid" it. But, that's just me.

Nancy M said...

Stitching looks great. Anxious to see the DH's idea on the framing. I guess if you can play tennis with pain, then do it and put the operation off. It's your life and your pain. No one else knows what it feels like. I would opt for the surgery....but I don't like tennis!! LOL