Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Around Our Home - - Getting ready for Fall

See what happens when you leave the crazy lady home alone with a camera? You get pictures, pictures and more pictures! Good thing we don't have to pay to have them developed anymore! :)
Anyway, I've started putting out some fall decorations around our home and I thought I'd share some of my favorites.
This is a sign that hangs in our foyer. Our entry is "weird" in that it is a "rotunda" shape. It's a neat visual effect to have a "round room", but it's hard to hang things on circular-shaped walls.



Next up, my pumpkin welcome - this also hangs on one of those "round" walls in the foyer.


Last, but not least, is my favorite!! An autumn oil-burner teapot. This "lives" in my tea-themed kitchen. I burn this everyday with a lucious pumpkin-scented oil. Love it, love it, love it!!! :)


I hope you enjoyed seeing a few of my fall favorites...for more fall fun, check out Rhondi's "Welcome Fall" party.

*Sharon

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Counting our blessing is such a good thing to remember.
Pumpkin scented oil would smell so nice this time of year.
Carolyn

Stella said...

Pumkin scented oil sounds so nice. Cute pumpkin Welcome sign. Thanks for sharing.

Barbeeque4 said...

Love your Fall decorations!

Rebecca said...

Hello and Happy Fall
Count your blessings is such a good reminder
Blessings
Rebecca

Amy @LittlePinkDollhouse said...

Happy Autumn! Pumpkin scented oil sounds deeelish! Very cute decor!

Rhondi said...

Hi Sharon
Thanks for joining the party. I like your count your blessings sign. I need to be reminded of that more often.
Hugs, Rhondi

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Such sweet welcoming fall decorations. Happy Fall!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Chiloe said...

I'm not ready for fall yet ... please, give me some time !!! lol

Kathy said...

Your fall decorating is inspiring. I haven't had time to think about it much, but maybe closer to Halloween.

Our really empty nest said...

Isnt fall decorating fun?? I just love it! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week! Sue