Thursday, March 04, 2010

Happy Dancin' (and a doggie too)


Can you believe that this is the "best" pic that I could get of this finish?  It's bright and sunny here today, so I should have been able to  get my camera to cooperate, (maybe it's the cold!) but no such luck...(the cherries really are red - you'll just have to trust me on this one!)    Anyway, this is "Home of a Needleworker Too" by Little House Needleworks.  I used the sampler threads that were called for, except I substituted "Blueberry Tart" for the "Old Blue Jeans" that was suggested.  For some reason, I had 4 skeins of "Blueberry" and no skeins of the "Blue Jeans", so I decided to "economize" and just use what I already had. 

Btw, when I say cold, I mean COLD!!  Can you believe that here in Florida, we've had wind chills in the 30's?????  I feel sorry for the folks that chose this week to visit Disney World and that are here for Bike Week in Daytona Beach...definitely not having much "fun in the sun" here in the "Sunshine State".

Oh, and since she was being such a little snoop and just HAD to nose- in while I was trying to take my finish picture, may I present an up-close and WAY too personal shot of Tea-Tsu. 

Can I just tell you how much we love this face???? 

Thanks again for your visits - they're much appreciated!!!


*Sharon

12 comments:

AFwife99 said...

Nice stitching! I did this one up with purple haze for the house.

Deb said...

Hi Sharon! Great Job! I love this design, haven't got to stitch it yet but someday I will.

Deb

Susan said...

Great stitching! Don't you just love LHN? She is one of my favorite designers.
I have friends and relatives in FL and they say the same - too da-- cold here this year!
Happy Stitching!

Stephanie (Joie de Bayou) said...

Congratulations on your finish. I like the Blueberry.

Stephanie
www.joiedebayou.blogspot.com

Vikki said...

Congrates on the finish. I've had issues sometimes with my camera not capturing the true colors. Scanning seems to work a little better but i don't have mine hooked up so I depend on my camera and some decent lighting.

Your dog is adorable :)

Mary Ivancicts said...

Nice job on the new finish! looks great!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Hey Sharon!
Glad you stopped by my blog!
You asked about knee surgery and had some questions...I don't see a place where I can e-mail you, so I will just say that knee replacement surgery is MAJOR surgery and not to be taken lightly. Tho the Dr. and the class he has you attend, tried to give as much info as possible, I still don't think I was at all prepared. It has been 8 weeks, and I am still in therapy and it will take 6 months to a year to get to full recovery. Which does NOT mean I can do all the things I used to do! No more running 3 miles...unless I want to have another replacement in less than 10 years! Would I do it again? I think so. But...I was in an awful lot of pain before the surgery and walked like Festus from Gunsmoke....so bad! If you'd like more info, please leave a comment with your e-mail and then I will delete the comment!
Blessings,
Cindy

Meari said...

Wonderful finish. It looks great. Your little dog is adorable :)

Siobhan said...

Great job! I have this chart somewhere... I really need to get it stitched. I like the color sub that you did.

Your pup is too cute!

Barb said...

Cute finish. Your dog is adorable.

Vee said...

Sharon, thank you for visiting my corner today. Your needlework is lovely. (I even took a closer look.) I haven't done much of it for years because it strains my eyes so, but I do love the way cross stitch looks and I did find it relaxing to do in the evening.

Michelle said...

Your finish is great :) well done on it, and your dog is just gorgeous i want her! lol