Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Sorrow, a finish and a work in progress...

This is a sign that sits near my stitching chair.  Usually, it make me laugh...today, it has much more meaning.
We've received word that my mom is really not doing well.  Her Dr. has said that there's nothing more that they can do.  We don't if she has weeks or months, but the news isn't good.
We're heading to Ohio tomorrow....I'm bracing and praying for what lies ahead. but I guess you can never truly prepare yourself for situations like this.  I haven't told her that we're coming, so I'm hoping the suprise visit will cheer her up.  Prayers for my mom and for our safe travel would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a finish to show:  This is "Comfort and Rest" by 4 My Boys.  This will now be handed over to my Sweetie so he can work his framing magic.


I've also started pouring myself back into my "older than dirt" WIP.  "Delicate Beauties" has come back into my heart.  This is a confetti-type design that requires a lot of attention.  It's been healthy for me to have something that let's me dive in and stitch and forget my troubles for a whle.  I'm determined that eventually at some point, this piece WILL be hanging on the wall in our study.



I'm also going to start a smaller take-along design that I can grab and go.  I'm leaning towards Family Threads by My Big Toe designs.

As always, I appreciate your lovely comments and support.

Hugs,
*Sharon

7 comments:

Ma Teakettle said...

Aww Sharon...I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and I am covering her in prayer, as well as you and your family. Safe travel prayers, my friend. Please know that your stitchy friends are with you in spirit :)

Your finish and WIP are gorgeous, and I can't wait to see it when hubby is finished.

Hugs, sweetie
Ma TK

FayeRaye said...

We will all be thinking of you during this trying time. Know many friends are praying for you and your family. Faye

Stephanie (Joie de Bayou) said...

Sharon,

Sorry to hear about your mother. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

I will have to find (or recreate) that sign for my stitching spot.

Lee said...

Have a safe trip. I remember well how difficult those journeys were, especially the ride home. So you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Siobhan said...

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Lovely stitching... I hope it will bring you the comfort it brings me when things are bad. ((((((((((Sharon))))))))))

Frishawn said...

Dearest Sharon,
My prayers are with you and you mom. Just know that God is with you and her right now. I hope that you can "keep your stitches tight enough to hold your heart together." Your work is soooo beautiful.

Nancy M said...

Never a good thing to have the Dr. tell you news like that. Hope things have gone better than expected. Looks like a PV WIP, I've done several and know how involved they are, but well worth it!