Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And he scores!!!



Ian had another tournament...he didn't win this one, but he did reach the finals round!!  He had to work hard to get to the finals - so we think even getting that far was a pretty big deal.  (Hey, even Roger Federer and Raphael Nadal have been in finals and finished 2nd before - it happens!)  I wish I could show you the trophy "up close and personal".  It's so neat - the tennis ball in the center of the trophy actually rolls around and also has a motion-sensor that lights up the ball whenever anything moves it.  (Although, I have to admit that part can be a little creepy at night whenever you get up to raid the fridge for a drink in the dark and a tennis ball starts glowing at you from the shelf in the dining room! )  Ha ha.
In case you're wondering, yes, that is the same outfit that Ian wore at the other tournament.  (Scroll down to my other trophy entry)  He's decided that this is his lucky tournament wear, so he insists he keep wearing it as long as he keeps winning (or making the finals!).  I told him that he's going to look pretty silly when he's 22 and trying to play Wimbledon in this same outfit...ha ha ha!!!  At least he lets me wash it between wearings - 14 yr.old male athlete smell - take my word, not so great!!!  :(
Thanks for letting me share the hard work pay-off...

*Sharon

2 comments:

April Mechelle said...

Congrats To Ian !!! He might have to get a new outfit before Wimbledon! LOL He looks to be a still growing guy !!!

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Awesome accomplishment, congratulations Ian!!