Sunday, September 05, 2010

A wee bit of stitching...


We've had a great time just taking some time off...but it's also been good to get back into our school/tennis(and for me, stitching!) vibe.  Ian's league play starts on Friday night and we'll be back to tournaments in a couple of weeks!  Homeschool is going great - homeschooling is definitely not for everyone (10 years ago, if someone would have told me that I would ever be a homeshooler, I would've thought that they had gone "around the bend" and not come back!)  It works for us though and we're enjoying the opportunities that it provides us.  We're getting back on a roll...and it feels good.

I'm trying to get myself in gear and get started on some Christmas gifts - this Lizzie Kate design will be for one of the sweet folks that help with my mom.  They don't do the "internet" thing, so  I feel pretty safe in posting this.  (If you're my sweet "D" in Ohio and you think I'm making this for you for Christmas - please forget you ever saw this, okay???)   :)

We've been having fun enjoying the awesome waves that the beach has been offering here this week.  Hurricane "Earl" got close enough to give us some "gnarly" waves - the highest in our county in a few years, but not close enough to do any damage. (great situation!)  Due to my knee issues, I didn't get the courage to take my board out, but I live with a couple of "surfer dudes" who think this was a WONDERFUL week!!!  :)

I've really been having fun doing a bit of blog-hopping, I just love seeing what everyone is up to - there are some lovely, talented people in "blogland".  I also SO appreciate the wonderful comments that have been left for me.  Ya'all just say the sweetest things!  May ya'all be blessed in bunches!




3 comments:

Shari said...

the LK is looking wonderful! I love the pumpkin!
Congrats on homeschooling.....I give people tons of credit for doing it! I wish I could have! My kids were pretty far along in school before I discovered it.
thanks for visiting my blog....do stop back!!!

Siobhan said...

Nice stitching! Good for you for getting started early on the gifts!

Myra said...

I just love the colors in that design and the pumpkin is adorable!