Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm thankful for a finish!


I hope everyone in the U.S. had a fabulous Thanksgiving.  (and, if you're not in the U.S., I hope you had a happy Thursday!)

I'm thankful for soooooo many blessings, working on this piece at this time of year has been extra sweet, because our home truly has been blessed.  This is a Christmas gift for a friend (no blog).  The original design has a border around it, but my husband, the framer, likes the simplicity of the piece without a border.  My framer is just the BEST and only "charges" me for "fringe benefits", so I like to  keep him happy.  I'm quite okay not stitching the border on this one!  :)

I know I should be really good and work on a WIP next, but La-D-Da's "Love Spoken Here" just landed in my mailbox and it makes me not want to be good.  I also have some fabric on order for other pieces that make me not want to be good.    :)  

As always, thank you so much for taking a peek at my blog.  (If you're from the WIP police, move along, nothing to see here.)            :)

*Sharon

12 comments:

natalyK said...

Sharon, beautiful finish

Claudette497 said...

You will be working on a WIP, the WIP will just be "love spoken here" instead of something else :P

Hillery said...

Very nice finish, Sharon. Please come check out my blog for a nice surprise. Hint, Hint.

Deborah said...

Great finish.

Hillery said...

Sharon, I didn't see where you sent your address to me. There was nothing in my e-mail. Could you send it o me again?
pthholmes@msn.com

Thanks

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Love the finish Sharon...it is perfect!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Raven/Missy said...

Congratulations on your finish! I think it looks great without a border and if you hadn't mentioned it I would not have guessed it was charted for one. Well done!

Vonna said...

GORGEOUS!!!! This is one of my favorites :)

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. It looks really good.

Terry said...

Beautiful finish for your friend's gift!

You cracked me up with your comment to the WIP police. I laughed out loud! ;) Sitting here trying to decide if I want to clean or stitch. Think I'll skip cleaning for a little while and stitch!!! ;)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Siobhan said...

Sharon, great finish! Your friend will love it.

Daffycat said...

A darling finish, Sharon!

Hey now...life is short ~ start everything!