Friday, December 31, 2010

Cherish

Since I've been knocked on my "sit-upon" by this nasty flu, I've spent the day stitching, blog-hopping, sneezing, coughing, drinking tea, and thinking about my resolution(s) for the New Year.
In my Nyquil-induced fog, I've come up with one word that sums up my plan for 2011.  CHERISH. That's it, just "cherish".

Whether it's a tough time where nothing but knowing God is carrying me, celebrating time with loved ones, enjoying stitching, tennis, reading, blogging, or eating the last 3 m & m's in the bag, I'm going to try to cherish.
If I burn dinner, at least I have an oven in a home to cook in - I cherish my home.  If I get stuck in traffic, I'm going to try to cherish the fact that I have a car I can drive and senses that allow me the priviledge, If my hubby or my little guy get on my last nerve or my last hormone, I'm going to try to cherish that they are here with me to bug me.  I may not always get it right, but I'm really just going to try to "Cherish"....yup, that's my resolution for the year.  (Please feel free to remind me of this post anytime I start wandering away from my goal - keep me accountable!) and truly, I do have plenty to cherish...I don't take this lightly.

May you each be blessed with more joy than you can imagine in 2011.

Cherish,

*Sharon

6 comments:

April Mechelle said...

Happy New Years !! Sound like a great thing... Cherish !

Sylvia said...

Lovely sentiment and really a wonderful attitude.

Daffycat said...

Awww, feel better soon!

Best wishes in the New Year, Sharon!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sharon,
I love this. So very true. Have a very Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Carol's Stitching said...

Sharon,

That is a lovely resolution and wishing you the best in keeping it. I think a lot of us could follow your example on this one! Happy New Year!

Always smiling said...

What a lovely sentiment... cherish is certainly the thing to do.

Hugs

Chris