Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have been stitching.....



This piece landed in my mailbox just as we learned about Ian's illness.  I decided that it would be fun to start something new as we were waiting and waiting and waiting to find out what we needed to do what he needed fixing.  I've stitched this is Doctor's offices, waiting rooms, hospital rooms and recovery rooms.  It's my comfort piece.  For some reason, "hospital tv" never really strikes my fancy, so it's been good to have something for me to concentrate on,  I've changed this piece quite a bit.  The piece is supposed to have four colors, (I'm using three) and of those three colors, I've changed out all the called-for DMC colors for specialy flosses.  We'll see how it turns out - even if it turns out "yucky", it's still been good therapy for me and that's what really matters anyway, right? I'm kind of liking it though and thinkinig that it may go live with my Mama when I get it finished.  She's been hinting that her room may need a new piece to hang to cheer her up a bit. This may just do the trick!  (Here's hoping!!!!)

Again, thanks for the love, prayers and blessings sent our way!!!  They're definitely helping - we're going to have our tennis-playing, messy-room making fellow back soon!  :)

Hugs and Love,

*Sharon

Hugs,

*Sharon

10 comments:

Meari said...

Your WIP looks good, Sharon.

Tiffany said...

glad things are getting better. I like the piece, very nice.

Hillery said...

Sharon, I am just reading now about you son. I do hope he's doing better. I just can't imagine, as a Mom, what that feels like to have your child so ill. I just wanted to say, "Beautiful start on the newest project, I'm sure it was good therapy for you." I'm glad that you liked your package. As a surprise giveaway, it's hard to know if someone will like any of the charts, but I know we can all used fabric and threads.
My prayers go out to your family, and have a wonderful Christmas and BIRTHDAYS!!!

KarenV said...

Glad your son is doing better. Love your WIP, very pretty colours.

Emily said...

Glad he is feeling better and how nice that you had a project to work on while doing all that waiting. Like the changes you made.

Hishandmaid said...

This is my first time visiting your blog! It is very nice. Your son and pupppy are adorable, and I love your choice of projects to stitch. I look forward to following you.

htimcj said...

I like your piece. Stitching is great for stress. I am glad that Ian is doing better and can go home soon.
Heidi-ILCS

Lyn said...

Sharon,

I have been out of the loop and so I am not sure what is going on with your son, but rest assured, I am praying for him.You and I sound so much alike, I am looking forward to reading your blog again and keeping up on your family. Your project looks great so far!

MaryT said...

Love what you have done with the changes. My mom always said when you have problems to take your mind off of them to do something with your hands and she was right.
Mary Louise

Hishandmaid said...

I'm very glad to hear your son's healing is going well!

Love the wip