Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Prayers Needed Please!

Dear Friends -

Our not-so-little fellow is scheduled for surgery tomorrow.  For the first couple of weeks in December, he would complain of slight stomach pain, but would gripe if I suggested a trip to the Dr.   A few days ago, he collapsed in a heap of tears due to pain.  We rushed him to the hospital and found out that he has a hernia and that his liver is enlarged and his liver enzymes are elevated.  He's been on a week's treatment of antibiotics (in the hospital) because the Dr. didn't want to do surgery with his wacky numbers in combination with the liver enlargement without antibiotics being on board first.  Our sweetie has lost over seven pounds in a week (and he was a little thing to begin with!)  His poor little cheeks are so sunken in and his ribs are actually showing.  The Dr.'s are hoping that he'll be able to go home in a few days once his issues resolve.  (The surgeon is hoping that the enzymes and enlargement will be remedied by taking care of the hernia).  Our not-so-little guy's birthday is at Christmas so we're all hoping to be home way before then.
We would so appreciate prayers for our Sweetie's safety and the surgeon's skills and the resolution of all the problems.
Our Sweetie is named Ian and again, we would be MOST grateful for all your prayers or thoughts.  I'll up-date as soon as I'm able...I've pretty much been living in the moment in this one room for the past few days.  I'm hoping that changes VERY soon! 

Blessings to each of you!!!

Hugs,
*Sharon

6 comments:

Myra said...

Sending healing prayers yours, Ian's, and his surgeon's way.

capecodgirl565 said...

I will keep your Ian in my prayers. I am a mother of three boys myself, and nothing is worse than worrying about your child, no matter what age. Hope all goes well.

Deborah said...

My prayers are with Ian and your family.

KarenV said...

Poor little one! Sending lots of good thoughts that he's better soon and you both get to enjoy your birthday at home.

Joy said...

I praying for Ian and the family.

Sandy In Montana said...

Sending prayer's to Ian, and your whole family.

Take Care... Hugs, Sandy