Monday, April 04, 2011

With apologies to Jackson Browne.....



I know, you're all too young to remember the song, "Doctor My Eyes" by Jackson Browne.  Maybe you've heard it on an "oldies" station??  Anyway - my right eye has been REALLY bothering me for the past couple of weeks.  I finally went to visit an Opthomologist (who just happens to be one of our dearest friends!) and said "Doctor, my eyes.....".  Apparently, partially due to the anemia issues that I have (and because I'm so darn near-sighted), my retina is having an issue right now.  So, in the interest of allowing my eye to heal, I'm on MAJOR restrictions.  I'm not supposed to  bend over, reach for anything, carry anything, read, stitch, compute (I did get a "pass" to check my e-mails once a day as long as I have them on a "GIGANTIC" font - whoo-hoo!) or even walk very much! 
I can watch TV (as long as I sit pretty far away)...I'm burning through the Netflix instant views like crazy! 
I can also whine about my circumstances...(and I've found that I'm very good at that!!)  :(
I'm trying to stick with my theme of "cherish" and I am cherishing the fact that I still do have my sight, that I just bought a new pair of glasses about three weeks ago, (so, they'll still be stylish for about four more minutes until the new "style" changes), also, for our AWESOME Dr. friend who loves my eyes almost as much as I do and for my family who takes such good care of me.

Hopefully, I'll be back to "normal" in about 10 more days.  Okay, let me re-phrase that, hopefully, my eyes will be back to normal in about 10 days.  I don't think there's any hope at all that the "rest of me" will ever be "normal".  LOL

In the meantime, I'll be swinging back and forth from whining to cherishing....

"See" you soon!!!

*Sharon

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my! I sure hope your eyes are good as new soon.

I'm not too young to remember Dr. My Eyes! As a matter of fact I saw Jackson Browne at a free concert at the Washington Monument in DC a looooong time ago!

Lee said...

Oh my Sharon! Hang in there and we'll keep a good thought for your eyesight!

Siobhan said...

Okay, now I'm going to have that song in my head all day! ;) Don't say it's an oldie, please!!

I'm sorry to hear about your eyes! I hope they heal quickly. My BIL was part of the Irish delegation that went to the St. Patrick's Day banquet at the White House, flew back to Ireland and ended up in the hospital with a detached retina. They said it was just something that happens with near sighted people. Freaks me out, because I am as blind as a bat without my glasses. Anyway, take care of yourself! Listen to some podcasts--I can recommend This American Life and Stuff You Missed In History Class. Hang in there!

Pumpkin said...

Sharon, I'm sorry to hear this :o( Hopefully things will fix themselves because I'd go nuts if I couldn't watch TV, read, stitch... ((((HUGS))))

Daffycat said...

Oh, Sharon...how scary! Those eyes are so precious. You take good care, okay?

Shelleen said...

I do know that song. Please take care of your eyes and doesn't sound like you can do much of anything.

Nancy in IL said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry about your eye restrictions! I too would not be very patient with the restrictions put upon me. Both you and I are struggling "Sisters with Sjogren's." I appreciate your encouragement with me to keep on stitching! I don't like to think about life without it.

Hang in there, Sharon!

mdgtjulie said...

Hi Sharon. I found your blog through Nancy M. and wanted to say hello. I'm Julie from Cincinnati, OH and I just started my blogspot blog a couple of weeks ago. I hope you're all back to normal now!!