Wednesday, May 18, 2011

There be stitching going on....


FINALLY, a stitchity up-date from me!!!  My eyes have been improving (I'm SO very grateful and feel SO very blessed!) and so, I've found a bit more time to stitch!  Yippee and yee-haw!  My eyes still get sore and let me know that I'm over-doing it, but the stretches of "good" times are improving.  :)
This is my current piece. Little House Needlework's "Battle Hymn of the Republic".  This was my Dad's favorite song so it means a lot to me to be stitching it in remembrance of him.  Also, our guest bath has a red, white and blue theme, so it will be a perfect fit when it gets finished, framed and hung in there.

Ian's whack-a-doodle non-stop tennis schedule, practices, and season has started up again, so it feels like it's 24-7 tennis at our house.  I have a small Bent Creek design that I take for "on the go" times...but, I usually get so caught up in yacking with the other tennis mom's, that I forget to stitch.  Also, I've discovered that it's pretty tough to keep an eye on the matches and stitch at the same time.  Ah...such is the life that I'm so blessed to live!

I "cherish" that my eyes are getting better!!

Hugs,
*Sharon

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your WIP!

Karen said...

I love this design too! Happy stitching...

Julie said...

Great progress! That's a fun chart.

mdgtjulie said...

I'm so glad you've been able to stitch. I get so out of sorts when I can't. Keep up the good work, and you'll have it framed and hung before you know it. It's nice to make a piece in rememberance.

Siobhan said...

I love that design! LHN does such great patriotic pieces.