Saturday, June 04, 2011

Pneumonia, Caffeine and Stitching!

Whew - I think I just put my whole entire blog entry in my post title!  First things first, my not-so-little guy has pneumonia.  Ugh.  He's felt kinda funky the past couple of weeks and then we went from funky to really sick in a matter of a couple of days.  He's feeling better than he was - this mama is SO grateful!  If you get a minute, please say a prayer, or think a good thought for him? 


Now, as to the caffeine, my sweetie knows of my affinity for all things Starbucks.  This was a good thing (in a way), because of a couple of health issues I have, my Dr. recommended that I add more caffeine consumption into my day.  One of my biggest complaints (other than price!) about Starbucks is that I'd find myself wanting a  tea or light mocha frappe' at weird times of the day (or night).  Sometimes, it's just not convenient to get out of your jammies and head out to Starbucks.  So, my sweetie ordered this little magic machine for me. 
I LOVE it!!!!  I can make any kind of frappe' I want at any time I want!  Yes, I probably could make the same thing with a coffee pot and a blender, but this machine just makes it sooooo easy!  It takes about 2 minutes start-to-finish and clean-up is a breeze.
(No, I don't work for Mr. Coffee or get paid in any way from sharing this) I just really love this little baby!  My hubby knows just how to keep me a happy camper!  :)

On the stitching front, I stitched a quick little gift for a friend, but because it's a giftie, I can't share it just yet.  I DID have a finish though - yippee!!  It's been a while since I've been able to say those words!  In other stitching news, I'm still working on my Battle Hymn of the Republic piece.  Here's the latest progress pic.

I just love this piece - give me my "mighty bright" magnifier, some lubricating eye salve and hey, I'm in forward progress mode.  :)   I'm hoping that this will move to the finish pile before "too" long.  :)

Thanks again for good thoughts for Ian, for visiting my blog and for sharing all your blogs with me.

I "cherish" medicine that helps Ian feel better, a sweet hubby that is loving and generous and for too many other things to even list right now!

Hugs,
*Sharon

3 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I hope your Ian is back to full strength soon Sharon. I have said a prayer for his recovery. Glad you like your new "toy" that your dh gave you. I only wish I should put more caffeine in my diet, lol. I'm a Coke person though. Specifically, Cherry Coke. It's my fave!! Grats on the finish, even though you can't show it yet. Battle Hymn is coming along nicely!!

Siobhan said...

I hope Ian is better now! Poor guy. Beautiful stitching! I need to get at least one patriotic piece done this year. Ack!

Rhonda Polk said...

Hope Ian is better, I myself just got over that in Feb.
love your stitching, and when you make a "special" coffee.....make and drink one for me, I am a caffine lover too !

"Happy Stitching"

Rhonda P.