Friday, October 14, 2011

The things you do for your kids.... :)


This is my current project.  I normally am not much of a kit person, but I am SO loving this for a lot of reasons....the main one being that my not-so-little son picked out this kit his very self and asked me to stitch it for him.  :)

Ian LOVES wolves and anything wolf-related.  He says that when he plays tennis he has the heart of a wolf (pack leader position, of course!  LOL) so when he saw this kit, he claimed it.

I told him that he'd probably be about 27 before I get this finished and that after I put all the work into this, he'd better not ever stop loving wolves.  Hee hee.

After my stitching sessions are over, he always wanders over to my stitching corner to see how my progress is coming along.  It's fun that he's so encouraging!

This is my progress shot  -




I know, it's looks more like a horse or cow or blob instead of a wolf, but I think I'm moving in the right direction.  :)

I'm having so much fun watching a wolf grow out of my blank fabric and floss.  I'm pretty sure that this will be my main focus project for a while. 

I "cherish" stitching something so personal for someone I love so much!

*Sharon






6 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching! So nice to that your son is so excited about this project!

Meari said...

It looks good so far. It's great to be stitching for someone who really wants it, isn't it?

Siobhan said...

Awww, what a great mom to do that for your son!! :)

Nanbon44 said...

Hi Sharon, Bonnie from WOCS.. I just bought the same kit for My step daughter this weekend. But she will be stitching it not me. She also loves wolves and that is the theme in her bedroom. I wonder about her at times, she is married with children and sometimes I wonder about her decorating choices, she is just a big kid at times and she admits it. I am so sorry about your Mom, but she might be pushing you away to save you from seeing her illness take over her life. She might want you to always think of her as she was before the illness took control of her life. A mother always wants to be strong for her children, as her job is to take care of them, not them taking care of her. My FIL pusked my husband away as he didn't want him to see the strong man he knew become a little boy. I was his caregiver and he refused to let my husband help him at all, he wanted him always to remember him as a strong healthy man. I am sure your mother hasn't locked you out of her heart, she might just be trying to protect you from the hurt of taking care of her. Try talking to her and telling her it is OK to be sick, that you love her no matter what happens.

Lyn said...

I think your wolf is looking very nice. I think its neat that Ian is being so encouraging. I bet you'll have it stitched rather quickly because of his encouragement.

Lisa Dunn said...

I love the wolf! And I see the wolf in your progress shot - it looks just like a wolf eye. :o)

How fun to stitch for someone who is so interested in the process. :o)