Monday, February 06, 2012

The Wolf Meets the Frog....guess who wins?


Again, many thanks for all the lovely thoughts and prayers that are being sent Ian's way.  Right now, we're sort of in a holding pattern while we wait for him to gain weight and get stronger so that he'll be able to endure the surgery that is ahead of him.

I think the fact that I know how sick he "might or might not be", makes it harder to admit that I had a visit from the frogs this week-end.  While stitching the wolf for Ian (remember Cyclops?) , I made some HUGE boo-boo's that at this point, I'm not even sure are "fixable".  I'm so sad and frustrated with this piece, I've set it aside for the time-being.  I have seen a couple of other nice wolf designs, so I may just have to pull myself up and dust myself off, wave "buh-bye" to Cyclops and start an entirely different wolf piece.  I'm really bummed about it, but I think my mind has just been so occupied by the other, more important "stuff" of our lives lately, that it might be best just to stick to easier pieces for this period of time.  Once Ian is all better and back to being his healthier self, and some "mom issues" have been resolved, I'll start back on the more involved pieces.  The mighty wolf falls to the lowly frog.......

"I fought the frog and the frog won".........Bummer!     :(

I "cherish" the gift of stitching and having the luxury of "picking and choosing" what designs call my name in different seasons of life....

*Sharon









2 comments:

Minnie said...

Just continue to hang in there Sharon, God's got your back.

Nancy said...

Prayers continuing for Ian and you...remember God holds you both in the palm of his hand.