Monday, March 12, 2012

WIPocalypse - March


This is about all I've accomplished so far this month on the stitching front.  With all that's been happening with my mom and Ian this past month, I just couldn't concentrate.  I would flit from project to project and made more mistakes than forward progress, so I took a little break.  Having said that, I just found out that "THERE'S GOING TO BE A WEDDIN'" in our family!!!  I'm just tickled with this marriage, so it makes it extra-fun to stitch the sampler!  This is a simple design, but I'm trying to "jazz" it up a bit by using specialty threads and I'm going to try to use some mill hill beads all around the border.  The sweet couple is getting hitched in June, but they're going to visiting with us in May, so I'm hoping to gift them with the finished and framed piece by the time they get here.  It feels so good to have something to celebrate and stitching for it is definitely bringing back the stitching mojo - it all goes into the "good" column!  :)

I *cherish* having a wedding to celebrate and stitch for!

Sharon

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Good progress on the sampler!

Siobhán said...

I'm doing the flitting thing myself lately! Lovely stitching. How fun--a wedding! :)

Meari said...

Congrats on the upcoming weddin'!