Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm SO happy that the person that I'm making this piece for loves golf, and not, say football.  Football has twice as many letters as golf and if that were the case, I'd still be stitching the design and not working on the backstitching.  (Am I right?)    :)

I love how fast this little design has stitched up and I hope to have the backstitching finished some time next week.

I received my first auto-ship of the Little House Sheep this week.  I'll be digging my paws into that little cutie just as soon as I'm finished with my Golf giftie.

In other, absolutely WONDERFUL, PRAISE GOD news, Ian is starting to look and feel more like "our" Ian again.  He tried out for and made his high school tennis team and he's been back on the court practicing like a madman, trying to make up for lost time.  He still gets VERY tired, very quickly but he is definitely headed in the right direction again.   We've hired a personal trainer for him to help him build his stamina.  He really needs help with that after being off for the past year with his brain mass issue.
We still are waiting for a read on his latest scan...oh, how we're praying it shows good news.  I'm not sure how he'd deal with being told he was going to be side-lined again after he's struggled so hard to get himself back in the game.  We still have a follow-up at the Mayo Clinic ahead of us - but we're praying and trusting.  God is God no matter what happens on our path... Through all of this, I've learned that "grace" can look different every single day of our lives, depending on what we're facing.  We need to extend grace and maybe even harder, learn to accept grace. 

Thank you so much for your wonderful blog visits and comments.  I've loved finding so many fun blogs and making new friends.

Hugs and Grace,
Sharon


4 comments:

Siobhán said...

Please God the results of Ian's latest scan will be good news. I'm glad that he's becoming more like 'himself' again!

Love the golf finish! I am glad my husband wasn't here when I opened your blog, or he'd have me stitching it for him. LOL

Carol said...

I do hope and pray that Ian gets good news, Sharon--the fact that he's more like his old self again is definitely a positive sign...

Lovely golf piece--you're almost ready for a happy dance with this one!

Meari said...

Glad Ian is doing so well :) Congrats to him for making the HS team. Yay!

I really like the colors in your Golf piece.

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne