Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shall we (happy) dance?

Hi Gang!

What say we have a happy dance?  This piece is not only my first finish of 2013 but it's also my first finish for a Christmas gift for 2013.  Woot, Woot! 

I have the best of intentions of starting something new (probably Little House Virtues "Hope" sheep, but as the saying goes, life is what happens when you're making other plans.  My mom's care needs have begun to change and that has taken an incredible time and emotional drain on my life.  Bless her heart, dementia is such a cruel, unforgiving disease...and the effects it can have can reach far beyond merely "just" her medical needs.  I literally have been spending upwards of three hours a day for the past two weeks trying to iron out some of the wrinkles in her life and trying to find solutions to her special care needs.  I see why folks my age are known as the "sandwich generation".  Between trying to care for my mom and being there for Ian and his busy school/medical/tennis/conditioning schedule  (not to mention hubby and I need to feed our relationship as well,) sometimes it just feels like it's a little too much...physically but more importantly, emotionally. 
Some days, my "grace" tank seems to be running on empty.

Speaking of Ian, he continues to amaze us.  He still gets so tired but when he's on a tennis court, he gives it his all.  He made his high school team and is currently playing as the #1 seed.  He's done well in both his singles and doubles matches (Go Pirates!).  He is so excited to be playing again but his stamina level off the court is still lagging.  He's had a few headaches and fevers lately as well, so we're still not completely out of the woods yet, but I'm oh-so-grateful for the progress he's made over the past year.

I'm thinking that my bloggy give-a-way will happen sometime near the beginning of March.  I'm trying to put it together little by little.  I do know that it won't have any stitching-related items (I just don't have time right now to guarantee a finished stitched piece) but hopefully it will still be a fun give-a-way.  I'll keep you posted on when sign-ups will start.

Thanks for all your prayers, love, comments and visits.  They are SO appreciated! 

Hugs and Grace,
Sharon

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sharon,
I'm happy dancing with you! Congratulations on this finish for Christmas and your first for 2013! It's so adorable!

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Hugs!

Marie Smith said...

I will share that happy dance with you! Congratulations on your finish, very nicely done. So sorry about your Mom. Your family are in my prayers
Stitchy hugs!

Angelica said...

this is one of the best place i have seen. arrangements are good. ribbons puttinf very attraction on this blog. Nice art work Dhow cruise Dubai

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish!

Glad to hear Ian is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish, it is very nice.

I am sorry to hear about your Mom and know what it is like to look after someone with dementia, my Mom had Alzheimer and I looked after her all day and sometimes at night.

Will be praying for you and your family.

Marl