Saturday, May 24, 2014

Overwhelmed with Goodness!!!

First of all, thanks go to each of you who sent such thoughtful notes about the loss of our little sweet pup.  So many of you related all to well to the pain that losing a beloved pet can bring to a family.  You lifted us up and we stand on your shoulders, thank you!!!  Right now, we're in the middle of that awkward, "Do we want another dog?" phase.  Surprisingly,  the hubby, who before we got our girl, repeatedly stated, "This is NOT my dog!", is ready to bring another little pup home.  He never realized before how much life a pup can bring to a home. It was fun to watch him make that transition.  I think I'm a little on the fence.  I DO want another dog.  I'm just not sure it's been long enough yet.  Ian is in the camp of not wanting to set himself up to get hurt so much again, when the time would come to eventually let another pet go.  This is definitely an issue where every family member has to be on the same page, so we'll wait, let time pass and revisit the issue again, when we're all ready.  I'm sure that somewhere out there, there is a little chin that needs our goofy style of love and when the time is right...we'll bring it on home!  :)

Now, for the GREAT news!!!  The wonderful stitching blogger, Edgar, generously had a give-away for his blogging anniversary.  I was so thrilled to be notified that I had won!!!!  Edgar went so far above and beyond on goodies for his give-away...I was just blown away!!!!  Wanna see my lovelies????

Ya'all, This chocolate smelled so good, I didn't know whether to eat it or dab it behind my ears!!!  Everyone who knows me knows that I love me some good chocolate and Edgar went over the top with these goodies!  This was especially fun for me because I don't have access to any of these types of chocolate.  I feel like such a decadent princess!!   :)

Then, there was this....

And then....Edgar had asked whether I had a preference for coffee or tea,  I can be in moods for either at times, but mostly, my heart goes towards tea....Look at what he sent!
Isn't this just the cutest?  I have wanted one of these personal teapot/cup combo's.  I've just never bought one.  This is so perfect for me.  I again have that princess attitude rocking.  :)  I've already used this to brew a cup of the licorice tea.  It was heavenly and tasted extra special because Edgar had chosen such a special gift for me.

But wait...there's MORE!!!
Here's something I never even mentioned to Edgar but somehow, he seemed to know.  I love to collect mugs from lots of different places.  I have a mug shelf that displays my much-loved destination mugs.  I didn't have a San Fran mug, so this is so awesome!!!

Okay, this is the part that is going to make me tear up...Edgar asked if there was anything particular to San Francisco that I might like.  (Backstory here - Ian has had one heck of a year, probably his most challenging ever.  Health-wise, he's faced some scary medical choices that adults shouldn't even have to make, (and then battle back from those choices),  he's lost friends, he lost his dog and a whole lot of other challenges that I won't share here...suffice to say, other than getting into the school of his choice and getting a gnarly scholarship, he's had a pretty crap-tastic year).  Ian has an interest in all things Japanese.  He's studied the history, the art, the culture, the technology and especially, the language).  He lives in Florida, so you'd think that he'd pick something like Spanish or, because of his heritage, Chinese.  But no.....my kid has to love Japanese.  He worked really hard to learn to read, write and speak Japanese. (I still struggle with English!  LOL)
Okay, with all that in mind, I asked Edgar if there was any way he might send something for Ian that had anything Japanese-related.  He said that he was making a trip to Japan town and asked for something specific that Ian might like.  I asked Ian and he said something with "good fortune" in Japanese.  Because he's had such a rough year, he thought some "good fortune" wouldn't hurt.  :)
Edgar went so far above and beyond...we just can't believe it.
This is what Edgar sent!  A candle with the good fortune symbol (smells divine!) and...
the PENDANT!!!!!  (I was trying to be artistic by making a heart with the chain, I should've just taken a picture of the pendant, but photography isn't my strong suit).
I wish you could have seen Ian's face when he saw the pendant.  I saw 12-months of stress just melt away from him.  Ian found a black rope to put the pendant on.  Ian is over-the-moon tickled with this. He said it's sort of his "battle of courage" for fighting through this year and coming out on top.
He loves it and I just love Edgar and Ricco for putting so much time and thought into gifts for us.
They just couldn't have chosen anything that we would have loved more and enjoyed so much!
May you both be blessed beyond how you have blessed others!!!!

I told you I was overwhelmed with goodness!!!!!

Hugs and Grace,
Sharon













4 comments:

Barb said...

Edgar's gift is very special. I think you will know when you are ready for a new pet.These things take time.

cucki said...

Truly a very sweet gift..
Love xxd

Natasha said...

What a trully special gift, I am glad it brought some joy into your lives during this stressful time. **HUGS***

Meari said...

Very thoughtful gifts! I've always wanted one of those personal tea sets, too. You're a lucky girl, and certainly deserve some cheer :)