Saturday, June 07, 2014

The wolf is getting a friend!

It's been a bit of a yucky week around here...it seems I was having the perfect storm of multiple infections...having a kidney infection,  the flu (confirmed by testing - who gets the flu in May for crying out loud?) an ear infection and a blood pressure that bottomed out (40/20 for a little while, so I've been told - I don't remember too much that happened last Friday/Saturday).  None of these issues are  anything I'd recommend to anyone.  I was running a temp a bit north of 105 and can honestly say that this is the sickest I've ever been in my life.  Apparently, when I had the high temp, I was a little "out of my right mind" (even more than usual - ha ha) and decided that this would be a good time to text my kids.  I was completely jumbled and couldn't form complete sentences.  I sent messages that said "cougar blue bananas wuz so cold until beach sings".  (and that was the message that made the MOST sense...they went downhill from there.  LOL)  Oh, and did I mention that I sent those messages at 3:59 a.m.?  Apparently, my boys called each other to ask if they thought something "might" be wrong with mom and then called my hubby to find out what was going on.  New rule around our house - whenever one of us has a really high temp and isn't quite "with it", we have to promise to take the cell phone away.  My boys have since joked that it might be time to put mom on a canoe and send her out to sea...ala eskimo legend.  (At least I think that they're joking!)  LOL
I am doing much better now and I'm slowly getting my energy back and am somewhat more coherent.  (I hope!)  Hee hee.
The up-side to this weirdness in my life is that I have had lots of time to sit while I've been recovering, so I've had time to stitch!  I have grundles still left to do on my wolf project but I find it encouraging that a second wolf is beginning to take shape.  :)   I am loving this project more with each stitch I make.  I love watching it grow and seeing progress (even if it is at a snail's pace!)
All that to say, I'm so thankful for my family who care for me (even at 3:59 a.m.), my wonderful hubby who has stepped up to keep the household running smoothly and who cares for me with more TLC than I could ever imagine or deserve, for modern day miracle drugs and a great hospital with a great staff. 
As a friendly reminder, don't text and drive and don't text your nearest and dearest when you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, nor the sharpest knife in the drawer...you get the idea.

Hugs and Grace,
*Sharon

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Glad you're feeling better Sharon :)

Barb said...

I'm so glad you are doing better. That all sounded horrid! Mr. or Mrs. Wolf is looking great!

cucki said...

Glad you are feeling better..
Hugs x

Carol said...

Oh, that does sound like a horrid combination of illnesses! The flu in May--in Florida, no less--is really odd! So glad you are on the mend now, Sharon...

The Wolf is so amazing--I am in awe!!

Meari said...

Sorry to see you've been ill. I've had a temp of 103F before so I can just imagine how miserable you must've felt. Glad you're on the mend.

Your wolf project looks great!

Faith... said...

Sounds like you were really pretty bad there but I am glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery! Love your text message though and it made people think - LOL

Wolf and his little frined are looking GREAT

Margaret said...

Oh my! That kind of temperature, especially in an adult, is quite scary! lol about the text messages. Quite amusing! Although I'm sure your sons weren't amused. lol! Love your wolves. Beautiful!

Milly said...

Hello!

So sorry to hear you've been so unwell and hope you are continuing to feel better.
Your stitching is lovely.
Gappy weekend.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and make dollars for every visitor to your short urls.