Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wolf Update

First, let me send a heartfelt thank you for the get well wishes I received.  Happy to report that I'm back to 100% and ready to roll!  So sweet of y'all to take time to comment.  (I love comments but I'm happy if you're just "driving by" too)  I LOVE sharing my love of the needle arts!  :)

Can anyone come up with a better title for my wolf update pics?  I feel like all I'm doing is wolf update after wolf update...  come on, somebody has to think of something catchy!  :)
I am happy with the progress I've made.  The colors are feeling a bit monotonous but when I step back and look at the entire picture, I understand the use of the colors.  (wouldn't be very realistic if the wolf was holding a multi-colored ball or umbrella!)  LOL

We've decided as a family that even though we miss our sweet little "fur baby" so much, it wouldn't be dishonoring her life if we find another little Japanese Chin to love.  So...we're in wait-list mode.  We don't want to rush in and grab the first chin that we see - we want to be sure that the pup we get is truly the one meant for us.  We got our last chin when she was 2 years old.  This time, we're going to go the puppy route. We're retired now and feel like we have the time needed to devote to a puppy...I'm sure it will be quite the adventure.  I hope somebody has a 24-hour puppy help line available.  LOL  Since chins are a bit of a rare breed, we're probably in for a long wait but we have faith that the right little sweetheart will find us.

I have a huge photo dump post coming up...need to get my photo ducks in a row.  I'm also planning to have some give-a-ways some time this summer.  I have been blessed by the kindness of others and I really want to pay it forward.  Stay tuned!

Hugs and Grace,
*Sharon

(PS - I knew it was going to happen, I fell off the wagon from the "Stitch from Stash" group.  I'm still within my alloted amount, I just can't say that I haven't spent a penny on stash anymore.  I hung in there from January until June - I'm happy with that.  I'll tell you all about my goodies once they arrive!)

4 comments:

cucki said...

He is lovely...
I think you can use the title for him ... Sweet one.
Big hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress! How about White Fang for title? It's a classic!

Barb said...

The wolf just keeps getting prettier all the time. I have no idea of a good title. Sorry. So glad to hear you are all better! We can't help our addictions! At least this one won't hurt your health, just your pocketbook!

Meari said...

Your wolf is turning out very nice. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I stumbled off the stash wagon, too. Not bad, but did. So we're in the same boat. :)