Sunday, January 11, 2015

A wolf, a frame and a stand.

Wow, how's that for a run-on blog title?   First, the wolf:






I'm getting there!  I'm really happy with the progress I've made since my last update.

Now for my frame and the stand:

Several months ago, my hubby and I were playing the game,  "if you had "x" amount of dollars to spend (only on yourself!) what would be at the top of your list.?   Of course, we all know that top of my list would be something stitching-related!  :)    I had seen the millenium frame in use on some of the "floss tube" videos I love to watch.  So, because we were being completely decadent, I put the frame and stand at the top of my list.  I have a couple of issues that were starting to make stitching a bit more difficult and I've thought that a floor stand might help.
Anyway...  guess what showed up at my doorstep??? 
These don't come cheap, but I can see this stand lasting the rest of my life and then some.


It has so many ways it can be adjusted...it's perfect for me.  I have become used to now doing two-handed stitching and I love it!  I also love how easy it is to pick up the frame and turn it over for starting and stopping threads.  The frame itself can be configured to fit nearly any design size.  The frame can also be used by itself without the floor stand and works well that way too.  (I wanted to stitch on our lanai to take advantage of our lovely weather but didn't want to take the stand outside.  It was great).  Hubby got me the "standard" size and one other set of bars that will accommodate larger projects. Who knew my sweet hubby was listening (and apparently taking notes!) during that "pillow talk" conversation from a few months ago?  See why I think he's such a keeper?  There are other reasons too but I'll save those for another post!  LOL
 Before I posted this, hubby asked me to mention that because these are made by hand and are such fine workmanship, don't order one if you're in a rush.  It took him 5 months to get this from order date to delivery date.

I'm a happy stitcher and a blessed wife...

Hugs and Grace,
*Sharon
 
(Frame and Stand from Needleneeds    -http://needleneeds.co.uk/store/  )





9 comments:

Deb said...

Great hubby!!!
Your wolf is amazing!!!

Barb said...

The wolf is looking wonderful. What a great husband! I can see why you think he is a keeper.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I have the frame not the stand--such a long wait

Brigitte said...

The wolf is comeing along great. An amazing project. And congratulations on receiving such a frame stand.

Meari said...

You are so close to finishing the wolf... I am so happy for you :) You're almost there!! Yay!

What a nice thing for your hubby to do. :) Enjoy your stand, as I know you will.

Minnie said...

Beautiful wolf and he is definitely a keeper.

Lyn said...

Your hubby and mine, fall in the same category, WONDERFUL!! To use a lap stand, do you have to use two hands? I have seen all kinds of posts regarding lap stands, but don't know if I could even use one. I only have one working hand. My right hand is paralyzed. Has been since I was six months old because of an auto accident. Anyway, what I am really asking is could a one useful hand person use a lap stand?

Colleen said...

Hello Your Wolf piece is lovely. As far as the stand goes, I've had one for almost 3 years now, and can't recomment it too highly. As they say, all good things come to those who wait. I also have the Needlework 4 system, with most of the attachments. The frame (whether a scroll frame, Q Snap frame, or Flat clamp) is held on a pivot system, so you could, I think, turn it over with one hand to get to the back of the work.
I just tried both pf them. Turning the work on the Needlework System 4 is very simple, and the entire unit is much lighter than the Millenium. The Needlework frame is made from aluminum in the US, with no waiting period. I love them both, and use them both all the time. I rotate projects between them, with one on the go on each. A hint I've never seen written anywhere is that you can put a Q Snap or a scroll frame on the Millenium frame, as well as tneir own frame, and it works fine. I think you could work with either. If you jave any questions, you can email me at cvh@nbnet.nb.ca. Good luck.

Melissa (@TheDailyMel) said...

@Colleen - Yes, you can use Q-snaps and traditional scroll frames with the Necessaire (a.k.a. Millennium) stand. However, you can't use the Millennium frame (which is separate from the stand) with the System 4 stand. I have the Millennium frame and System 4 stand and have tried multiple times, but the Millennium frame is just too heavy (in my experience) for the System 4.

I've grown weary of waiting for Needle Needs to have the Necessaire stand back in stock and have decided to order the similar stand available here in the U.S. from Judy O'Dell of Just a Thought (link: http://www.justathought.net/bl/?p=841). I can't wait to get it!