Saturday, March 14, 2015

Wolf Update - half of a happy dance!


I finally have a "half of a happy dance" update on my wolf!  All of the "regular" cross stitching has been finished,  Now, on to the backstitching.  I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am!!!!
As most of you know, this is my second attempt at trying to finish this project.  I tried it about a year and a half ago and messed it up so badly, that there was nothing for me to do but ditch it.
This is a piece that I'm making for our son.  Poor guy has had SO many medical challenges over the past couple of years.  I'm in awe of how many moments when he's pressed forward when I was a puddle of tears of what he was facing.  He gave me encouragement to try stitching this again...and has been a big cheerleader all the way.
There is a LOT of backstitching that needs to be done but I'm starting to see the finish line!  Whoo-hoo!!!

As soon as this project is "finished, finished", I'm going to be having a little give-a-way to celebrate, so stay tuned for that.  Also, stay tuned, because this gal is going to treat herself  to some sweet new stitching stash!  I'm hoping to stay "on budget" with my stitch from stash goals, but I have some gift cards saved up and I'm going to have me some good "Stash Enhancement Experiences" that I'll be happy to share with you!

Hugs and Grace,
*Sharon

("Call of the Wolf by  Dimensions.  I substituted Antique White 28 -ct Jobelyn)

7 comments:

Linda said...

Wow - what a fabulous piece of stitching - well done persevering with it.

Barb said...

Congratulations, it is so beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to your son.

CalamityJr said...

It looks wonderful already; when you've finished the backstitching it will be an amazing piece of art. Kudos to you and your son.

Cath said...

Looking great already. good luck for the finish xxx

Terri said...

It's beautiful!

Faith... said...

The Wolf looks amazing and I know your son is amazing too with all he has faced. Keeping you all in prayer Sharon.

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats, it's simply stunning!!