After visits to two different Children's Hospitals (in as many days), we've received another referral to yet another Children's Hospital to a specialist that deals specifically with the problem that Ian has and we pray will hold the best answer and provide the most hope for Ian. We're still sort of reeling, but we're trying to keep our feet under us the best that we can. Hopefully, this next week will allow us to set a treatment plan in stone and begin the road to getting our not-so-little back to being even a little bigger.
It's been so hard to see my strong, healthy, vibrant not-so-little tennis ace get thinner and weaker and who now only resembles a shadow of his former self. We're grateful for the advice that we've been given so far and are grateful that we've been pointed in the direction that we've been led and are hopeful that the day isn't far off when our wee-bit snarky, not-so-little guy will be back to feeling like taking on the world again. We do know that surgery will definitely be postponed until he is able to gain some weight...we've been told that he wouldn't survive the general anesthesia for the amount of time needed for the type of surgery he needs in the condition that he is currently in. He's receiving nutritional supplements which will hopefully help build his body back to where it needs to be for him to be able to handle surgery and recovery from the type of surgery that he'll need.
I ask that you please keep remembering Ian in your prayers and thoughts. We take so much comfort in knowing that in your kindness, he is being held in many hearts.
I think this week-end will be filled with lots of embarrassing mom hugs, lots of cups of tea and maybe a few minutes of stitching here and there....
I "cherish" all your kindnesses to us - - -